TOPS WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS- 10/1/18
Quote of the Week: “Hold the vision, trust the process.” Author Unknown
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Gabriella, Isabel, Kaia, Coach Michael, and Joseph!!
1) The coaches have been assessing the swimmers, and based on their observations, suggesting a training level. This week the coaches will notify the swimmers of their training level, and will see how they do at the suggested level. There may be level movement based on feedback, observation, as well as, if the swimmer is meeting the recommended number of practices.
2) +*CODE OF CONDUCT FORMS- We are still missing Athlete Code of Conduct forms and Parent Code of Conduct forms (both parents or guardians must sign). Please print your name vs. signing with your signature so that we can discern who has submitted and who has not.
3) – Beginning, this week, Tuesday and Thursday morning practices begin at The Hill School (5:45 – 6:45 a.m) for HS Swimmers.
4) - This Saturday, we cannot use the Hill School.
11 &12’s- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
8’S & 10’S – 1:30 – 2:30 P.M.
15-18 YR. – 8:00 – 9:30 A.M.
13/14 – 9:30 – 11:00 A.M.
2:00 – 3:30 P.M. – 13 AND OLDER SWIMMERS
3:30 – 5:00 P.M. – 11/12 SWIMMERS
5:00 – 6:00 P.M.- 8’S AND 10’S
4:30 – 6:00 P.M. – ALL DIVERS
Note concerning dual meets: TOPS participates in the Suburban Aquatic League (SAL). Attending, and supporting, the scheduled dual meets is vital. It is expected that all swimmers make every effort to attend the dual meets listed below. In order to participate in the season ending SAL championships, all swimmers must participate in 40% of the dual meets (two meets). The TOPS coaches consider this the bare minimum, and we wish our swimmers to surpass this basic expectation.
*The contestant’s age on October 31st shall be his or her age for the entire season
*It is expected that All TOPS swimmers participate in one SAL Championship meet.
*We thank you all, in advance, for your sacrifice, commitment, and support of TOPS.
A- Away meet * H*- Home Meet
DIVE DUAL MEETS TAKE PLACE THE FRIDAY EVENING BEFORE DUAL SWIM MEET. COACH KRISTINE WILL ENSURE DIVERS KNOW THE ACCURATE TIME AND LOCATION FOR EACH MEET.
Perk Valley Fall Fest (Invitational #2- USA Approved)
NOVEMBER 3RD VS. METHACTON
GIRLS- H – (Pottstown Athletic Facility) – Arrival: 11:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 12:00 p.m. / Start: 12:45 p.m.
BOYS- A – Arrival-:12:45 p.m. / Warm-up: 1:00 p.m. /Start: 1:30 p.m.
NOVEMBER 10TH VS. PVAC
GIRLS- H (Hill School) – Arrival: 12:45 p.m. / Warm-up: 1:00 p.m. / Start: 1:45 p.m.
BOYS – A – Arrival: 10:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 11:00 a.m. / Start: 11:30 a.m.
NOVEMBER 17TH VS. PENNRIDGE
GIRLS – A – Arrival: 11:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 12:00 p.m. / Start: 12:30 p.m.
BOYS – H – (The Hill School) – Arrival: 10:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 11:00 a.m. / Start: 11:45 a.m.
11/18- North Penn Trophy Meet (Invitational #3- USA Approved)
GIRLS –A- Arrival: 12:30 p.m. / Warm-up: 12:45 p.m. / Start: 1:30 p.m.
BOYS – H- (The Perk School) – Arrival: 8:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 9:00 a.m. / Start: 9:45 a.m.
GIRLS – A- Arrival: TBD
BOYS – H – (The Perk School) – Arrival: 8:45 a.m. / Warm-up: 9:00 a.m. / Start: 9:45 a.m.
Hawaiian Invite – SAL Invite #4
SAL Championship Dual Meets
1/5 – Conference Dual Meet- TBD
1/12 – League Dual Meet- TBD
1/19 – SAL Last Chance Meet – (SAL Invite #5- USA Approved)
SAL Championships Begin- (Individual)- Required Participation
“B” Swim Champs – 1/26
“B” Dive Champs – 1/27
“A” Swim and Dive Champs – 2/3 – 2/10 (USA Approved)
6) SAL STARTER AND STROKE AND TURN CLINICS FOR PARENTS – Here is the complete list of clinics that have been set up for this year for being a Starter and Stroke and Turn, through SAL. All clinics will start at 7PM and should run to about 9PM.
*Monday 10/8 – WCAC Wissahickon High School, 521 Houston Rd, Ambler, PA 19002
*Wednesday 10/10 – PVAC Perk Valley High School, 509 Gravel Pike, Collegeville, PA 19426
*Monday 10/15 – CAC William Tennant High School, 333 Centennial Rd, Warminster, PA
*Tuesday 10/16- WCAC Wissahickon High School, 521 Houston Rd, Ambler, PA 19002
- Wednesday 10/17- SAC La Salle College High School, 8605 Cheltenham Ave, Wyndmoor, PA 19038
*Thursday 10/18- CCA Plymouth Whitemarsh H/S Library, 201 E.Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19426
Monday 10/22- CRSC Council Rock H/S North, 62 Swamp Rd, Newtown, PA 18940
Thursday 10/25 – CBST Central Bucks South High School, 1100 Folly Road, Warrington, PA 18976
TOPS believes that strong officiating is very important and provides vital feedback for swimmers. We have been blessed with great parents who have been awesome at officiating and have set the ‘Officiating standard.’ Stephanie D’Arcangelo has been in charge of our TOPS Officials, and will be retiring from those duties, as of next year. She has been our fearful ‘Officiating’ leader, and her example and commitment, these past years, have been greatly appreciated. Given that she is in her last year officiating, and she is more than happy to mentor any who wish to learn for her.
In order to continue level our expected level of excellence, we strongly recommending that our parents consider, not only officiating through SAL, but through USA Swimming. Through USA Swimming you will get excellent instruction and mentoring, which encompasses more than that which you will receive through SAL. Please strongly consider becoming a USA Official, which will provide you will many opportunities, at many meets. Again, you will be strongly supported and will receive mentorship.
7) WEBSITE- You have been receiving emails, from our webmaster, Lauren Keifer about re-registering on the new website. It is crucial that you register when requested. We need for you to re-register, on this new website, in order for us to set up billing, import times, and to enable you to commit to the upcoming SAL and USA meets.
UPCOMING SAL INVITE DEADLINES- PERK VALLEY FALL FEST – OCTOBER 7TH
NORTH PENN TROPHY MEET – OCTOBER 14TH
8) SAFE SPORT- We have received feedback that some are having difficulty getting into the USA Swimming to access the online Safe Sport training. We will investigate to see the potential issue. With that said, we will extend the deadline to this Saturday, Oct. 6th. On October 7th, we will do the drawing.
9) FORTHCOMING :
PARENT MEETING- No we have not forgotten about a parent meeting. We are trying to secure a facility in order to host the meeting. It will be 2:00 – New Parents / 3:00- USA/ 4:00- Returning Parents
*SPIRIT WEAR FOR SWIMMERS
A) We have received word that we successfully entered the Blue Eagle and the North Penn Distance Meet.
B) As stated above, it is imperative for you to register in the new website so that you can recommit to the GRA meet and commit to the LAC Speedo Meet.
C) The LAC Speedo meet deadline will be Oct. 21st- for times from Blue Eagle will have been earned and counted for the LAC Meet.
D) GRA MEET- Please only commit for Friday and Sunday, for we have a dual meet, on that Saturday vs. North Penn. Dual meets take priority over USA meets.