TOPS WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS - 4/9/19
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Eliana, Tamara, Tyler, Loguen, Lily, and Kaily!!
Does anyone have any OFF THE DECK news they would like to share with our swim family? Student of the month? Award earned? Volunteering?
There is so much more to our amazing swimmers than just their swimming. Please email your OFF THE DECK sharing to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line- Off the Deck. Thank you!
Though we are in a swim ‘pause’ there is still a lot on tap. We are getting ready for our Season Ending Celebration, our upcoming swim clinic, and our big fundraiser; The Clay Shoot.
An email will is forthcoming about our Celebration, this Sunday, April 14th.
Please register for our swim clinic, which will be held at the Pottstown Athletic Center and the Perk School. It will be technique based, with some conditioning.
For our LC USA Swimmers (13 and older) they will have a conditioning practice on the Friday’s during the clinic.
The Clinic information is on our website, as well as, a direct means to register.
- Please support this fundraiser for TOPS. Please get a sponsor for the shoot, or better yet, get a team and enjoy the day! We will need swimmers, in TOPS attire, to be present at the shoot. Please plan on attending to show our appreciation of those who will be participating.
- Sorry to bug you, but have you made a decision as to what direction your life will take, come this Fall? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your plans. We will recognize you at the End of Season Celebration, as well as, post your plans in our upcoming Weekly Announcements. In the subject line, please write – Fall Plans.
– If you have any questions about our program, events, etc. please visit our website to seek the answer. If you cannot find the answer, please do not hesitate to email us via email@example.com with your question.
No question is stupid. Your question could well identify what we are missing, AND you will help us to correct/amend/add necessary information, on the website, to ensure clarity.
- We will be providing minutes, from the parent meeting, via email. They will be forthcoming.
We are contracted with The Perk School and the Pottstown Athletic Center for the 2019-2020 swim season. At the Pottstown Athletic Center, we will have more pool time available to us, this upcoming season. At this point, we do not have Sunday practice at each facility.
Just posted on USA Swimming was the_* 2019 Speedo Winter Junior Nationals Time Standards*_. We are happy to announce that Chris Guiliano earned three Junior National Time Cuts!! 50 free, 100 free, and 200 IM! Congratulations, Chris!!
Also, we have a number of swimmers who earned Futures Championship cuts and Sectional Cuts at the season ending USA meets. We will share the specifics at the End of Season Celebration.
- Swimming LC is another means to train. Though we ask our swimmers, who are committed to swim LC to participate in the clinic, For our older swimmers (13 and older) you have five opportunities to practice. The Friday practices will focus on conditioning.
- There are three mornings practices (Mon. Wed, Fri.). You are only required to attend ONE LC practice. You are welcome to attend three, if you wish.
For our *young USA swimmers, we recommend only one LC practice.
*Please begin to arrange carpools to help with the transportation.
We know that going all the way to Marsh Creek can be a hardship. Our use of Marsh Creek has a long history (over 10 years) and as in the past, *we will be training with the Golden Rams and Coatesville.
*We would also like to see our swimmers enjoy a breakfast together, once or twice this summer (if not weekly) at The Ridge (restaurant across from OJRHS) after practice. This is a long standing tradition.
. These do not include the season ending USA meets (e.g. JO’s, Silvers, and Seniors- FL). Unlike our winter USA season ending meet expectation, swimmers are not obligated to participate in a season ending USA meet.
*If you wish to attend a season ending LC USA meet, that is fantastic. If not, that is fine. Again, LC is another means to train, and we want to offer LC to those who wish to participate.
*We have one more USA meet, we need to submit for entry- Boyertown Luau LC Meet. * Please make your event selection by this Friday, April 12th. * We want to make sure all times are correct and ready for submission. Many thanks!
THANK YOU AND HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK! SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY!!