TOPS WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS - 2/10/20
OFFICIAL END OF THE SAL SEASON
Yesterday, our swimmers represented TOPS at LaSalle University in the SAL ‘A’ Champs. The girls swam in the morning and our boys in the afternoon. Our swimmers did an outstanding job and stepped up to the block ready to race!!
Our girls 8/u relay started the day with an amazing 6.22 sec drop in the medley relay finishing 7th overall. Our 14 under girls finished 3rd in the medley with a 3.56 sec. drop. They were seated 8th. Our Open girls finished 5th with a 2.11 sec. drop and they were initially seated 7th overall. The momentum continued and our swimmers had great races; some earning best times, finishing their meet with best times in the free relays.
Our boys continued the momentum. Our Open boys won both of their relays, and they were nail biters! Very exciting to witness. Our 14/u boys dropped 3.34 seconds in their free relay, finishing 5th overall.
ALL of our swimmers had noteworthy swims. They discovered what they are doing right; ascertained where they need to improve, and yielded good information from this meet in order to help them with their season ending HS and USA meets.
We did have some individual swimmers who finished first.
– First in the 200 free with a league record, and first in the 200 IM.
– First in the 100 back
– First in the 100 free
Congratulations to Nolan Benner for being awarded the SAL Scholarship Award!
The girls finished 9th overall and the boys 7th overall. Congratulations, swimmers!!
THANK YOU TO MRS. FLEWELLING, MRS, TANG, MRS. DELP, MR. STOUDT, CATIE GUNTZ AND MACKENZIE GORMAN FOR HELPING AT ‘A’ CHAMPS,YESTERDAY!
*FYI…*The ‘A’ Champs results have been imported and should be reflected in your Parent Portal.
ALSO, we will be putting awards from champs in the swimmers family folders. Please check.
- Going forward, only those who are swimming TOPS/USA have swim practice at PAC. For those who swam in ‘A’s and are not doing USA you have a well-deserved break. We hope to see you at our Season Ending Celebration and our TOPS Spring Clinic.
Registration is now open to everyone (open registration for all interested, not just TOPS families). Please consider joining us for our Spring Clinic. We will focus on: technique (all strokes), starts, turns, and some conditioning. This is a great way to continue to focus on the ‘little things’ and will get the summer swim juices flowing.
As shared in the last announcement, you can still get a discount on the Clay Shoot ($25.00 off per person) until Feb. 14th. Please consider joining this fun and highly successful fundraiser.
We still have some bracelets for sale, which benefit the National Team. Please consider supporting your son/daughter’s fellow swimmers. Your swimmer will most likely be in their position, in the future, and we are sure you would appreciate the support. The cost is $8.00 per bracelet. They are super cute!
This Saturday, we will have amended practice times due to HS Championship meets.
Best of luck to all our swimmers who will be swimming for their respective HS, this weekend! We wish you the best.
– 12- 2 p.m.
– 12 – 1:30 P.M.
– 12- 1:00 P.M.
– NO SWIM PRACTICE- UDAC CLOSED INVITE
The ‘A’ Champs results have been sent to the Swims Database, and they can be used for JO entries, etc.
- As has been shared, we will ensure that the entry times are accurate for submission. If you are having difficulty entering an event, because of a SAL time, let us know via email@example.com, and we will address it on our end for you.
- We will get updated information, within the next week, about the Closed Invite. When we receive that information, from the meet director, we will send out a comprehensive email with all that you need to know.
HEADS UP...Parents, expect to be asked to volunteer.
- Anne Crew is the contact person concerning getting your USA season ending shirt. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAC Champs/HS Champs- USA Approved meets
– UDAC Closed Invite
– DEADLINE TO COMMIT TO SILVERS, NEW ENTRIES FOR JO’S, AND SENIOR CHAMPS
– Respective HS District Meets
- JUNIOR OLYMPICS
– LAST DAY OF PRACTICE FOR BRONZE SWIMMERS
– MA BRONZE CHAMPS
– HS STATES
– LAST DAY OF PRACTICE FOR SILVER CHAMPS SWIMMERS
– MA SILVER CHAMPS
– LAST DAY OF PRACTICE
– SENIOR CHAMPS